Posted by: Katie Cottle | September 1, 2009

Praise Report

Our family has been so blessed by all of our friends and family that have lifted our little one in prayer over the last 10 days.   We are so thankful for His provision for Molly Kate and the peace we have felt. 

Today was the big day.  First  praise – my mom and grandma came up for the day.  G.G. Dolly stayed with Charlie.  They had a great day!!!!  He even got to go to McDonalds for lunch!  Mom went with me to the appointment to help. 

Here we are waiting:

cardiologist 025

Thankfully, we didn’t have to wait long.  We went back with the nurse who did a variety of “tests” including an EKG.  Here are some pictures:

cardiologist 031

cardiologist 035

cardiologist 037

cardiologist 040

Here we are waiting on the Doctor –

cardiologist 042

Then Dr. Bayne came in and listened to her heart —

cardiologist 050

Dr. Bayne believed her problem to be a VSD (just like Dr. Lisa thought).  He sent us next door for an ultrasound.  (Which MK did not enjoy at all, She was over being good!)  (no pictures of this fun activity)

Then the Doctor came in with the good news.  Here is my understanding of what he said —  She has a VSD.  It is a small hole (1/10inch or 3 mm in diameter).   The doctor said 80% of children outgrow them on their own and the other 20% just stay the way they are.  We are so thankful for the good news.  The doctor said she would definitely not need surgery.  We go back in 9 months for a check up!

We are so thankful and grateful to say the least!!!  Thanking the Great Creator!!!  and a special thanks to Mom and Grandma for all their help!!!!

Advertisements

Responses

  1. Praise the Lord!!! So grateful for this wonderful news, thank you Jesus!!

    xoxoxoxo and kisses to sweet MK!

  2. A new adventure…God is GOOD!!

  3. Whew!

  4. so glad!! The Doc heard a heart murmur in Jack on his 2 month appt, but we decided to wait until his 4 month check up to see if it was still audible. The doc said he couldn’t hear it….so i ‘m sure that’s all it is with MK! something most babies outgrow!
    hallelujah!! it’s a huge burden off your mind i’m sure!

  5. What a poised little patient!!! She looks like she took all of this with charming ease! (minus the ultrasound) That’s not too surprising – I think you and your mom could reassure a lobotomy candidate with your faith and sunny outlook! So glad to hear this news!!

  6. Great news! btw MK is too cute and seems to be growing like a weed!

  7. Glad to hear the good news. I loved your last post. I was laughing out loud. It brought back many memories of Sunday mornings growing up. I think every family goes through these. Fun…..not so fun memories!!

  8. so glad to hear the good news!

  9. So grateful!

  10. So thankful!!!

  11. God is so good! I will continue to pray that at her one year check up it is all gone!!!!

    **I love that the doc let her keep her pretty hairband in!**

    Love yall!

  12. Dear Molly,
    i mis you a lot whil I im at mawmaws huse. i hop u miz me 2. i will say a paryer fer u very nite. Will u say 1 for me.
    i luv you,
    yur bruther Charlie

  13. Thank LORD for all your bless, and answering own prays,

  14. I did read this yesterday just didn’t comment. I am so glad it’s not serious. I will pray for Miss Molly Kate. Love yall.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: