Posted by: Katie Cottle | June 19, 2009

Molly Kate’s Arrival, Part 2

Sorry it took a few extra days — Can’t imgaine why!!! hehe

Dr. Bowie arrived in the room sometime after 10:15/10:25.  The nurses completed prepping the bed and me for delivery.  Next thing, I know it is time to push!  I am apparently not the best “pusher” since the nurses thought it would be faster.  Still, I pushed through several contractions and then I got to see this . . .

Molly Kate' 025

The Doctor joked that I was going to laugh the baby out.  It was such a joyful experience.  I feel so blessed to have had such a fabulous delivery and to look back with such fondness.  Charlie’s labor was over 24 hours, with over an hour and half of pushing.  It was absolutely exhausting.  I remember crying to Chad I just couldn’t do it anymore.  It was worth all the hard work to get him here, but whew – it was tough.  I sure didn’t look like this after his birth . . .

Molly Kate' 026

I just couldn’t believe she was here and absolutely perfect.  It was a perfect moment!

Here she is with her proud papa —

Molly Kate' 028

(see why her Daddy thought she had curly hair)

Molly Kathryn Cottle, born 10:38 am June 12, 2009

7 pounds, 12 ounces and 21 inches long

Molly Kate' 031

After they got Molly Kate and I cleaned up, our family got to come in and meet our newest addition.  Here is our first family picture –

Molly Kate' 037

Molly Kate got to meet and love on each of her family members.  After a few photo opportunities, the family went to get some lunch while MK had her first meal.  Then, Chad and Charlie took Molly Kate to the nursery for her first bath, while they got me up and freshened up and moved to my Recovery Closet Room! 

Here are a couple of pictures of Charlie helping with Molly Kate’s bath . . .

Molly Kate' 043Molly Kate arrival - m and d camera 267

We had the best experience at West Georgia Medical.  I could just go on and on about 0ur wonderful care.  I have never been treated with such kindness from the Tech in Labor and Delivery who waited so patiently for me to teetee to my Diet Hostess who never fussed that I always had outside food and never touched my hospital food.  Everyone was so kind and knowledgeable.  The nurses prepared me to go home.   We were blessed by the staff.  I could name each nurse/tech/doctor/etc. and have so many kind things to say about the care they offered me and my precious baby girl!!

I had planned to chronicle more of our time at the hospital, but I am getting behind sharing pictures and stories of our life.

I think I could change the title of my blog to – – Chad and Kate plus 1/4 of Eight!



  1. she’s so precious katie! congratulations! i can’t believe how much hair she has!!! get some rest if you can!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: